Friday, June 13, 2008

9 Days LEFT!!

I am leaving for my internship in South Los Angeles in 9 days. For those of you who do not know. I am interning with the Los Angeles Urban Project. I will spend 6 weeks with a team of CSUF students at a church is South L.A working at a summer camp for kids. I will be learning about social justice issues around the world. This internship is different than most because I will be learning about Jesus and how He views social justice. I know I will be challenged and stretched this summer.

God has been preparing me these past few weeks since summer break began. I have learned so much about God's numerous characteristics. He has shown me how much He cares about the "forgotten" people in this world and how much He wants me to care as well. I know it is only through the eyes of Jesus will I be able to love. If you don't know Jesus, read the Gospel of John. It is a biography of Jesus when we walked the earth in flesh. He is filled with compassion and He fights for social justice without swinging a fist. Get to know Him. He is intriguing to say the least!

No comments: