First Time- Lifehouse
Broken- Lifehouse
Praise God, I was blessed by many brothers and sisters this past week in my fundraising. Right now I have reached $2400, which means I just need $1,000 more.
On a different note:
Three months ago I received prayer from a group of brothers and sisters in Christ. Through that prayer time, God really confirmed many things he was doing in my life. He told me that he was on the move, that his spirit was guiding me like the wind blowing against a sail. A sister praying over me also had an image of me in a large arm chair which represented the arms of Jesus. She said she imagined me enveloped in his arms. Basically, the gist of the prayer was that God wanted me to know that he was near to me and that His spirit is living in me and that I have a special place, a special room in His heart, as his daughter, as His princess.
So on Saturday, I was replaying this prayer time in my mind. I was feeling very weak and in need of encouragement and love. I prayed that day that God would provide someone to pray for me and to once again confirm and encourage me.
Sure enough, on Sunday afternoon I was talking to a group of friends at church, describing to them my missions trip. As I was talking a new friend stopped me and asked me if he could pray for me. He basically confirmed in me what I needed to be reminded of, that god is near to me, and that he is with me. He continued praying and said that god was on the move like a train and he wanted me to hop aboard. He also said that I have a special space in God's heart. BASICALLY EVERYTHING THAT HAD BEEN PRAYED OVER ME BEFORE. O_O I felt so loved by God in this moment.
To top it off, that night I was singing a song that goes "your love, Oh Lord, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness stretches to the skies." As I looked up to the sky there was the biggest rainbow I've ever seen in my life!!!! I was sooooooooo floored!
To top THAT off, after having a very hard week, I went to church on Thursday night and sure enough, they sing the same song "your love, Oh Lord reaches to the heavens." That's when everything started clicking together. And that same day I was blessed with a $300 donation.
As I walk more and more with Jesus, I start realizing that hard times will never cease, but the point is to look to Him and to receive peace in the midst of suffering. We will always need Him because our sin and our brokenness. But there will always be hope and peace for our souls. God wants to bring His kingdom of love here and now, not just in Heaven someday.
This song kept playing in my mind tonight. It reminds me of where I truly stand in this world.
Artist: Hillsongs Australia
Song: When I think about the Lord
When I Think about the Lord,
How He saved me, how He raised me,
how He filled me, with the Holy Ghost.
How He healed me, to the uttermost.
When I Think about the Lord,
how He picked me up and turned me around,
how He placed my feet on solid ground
Chrous*
It makes me wanna shout,
Halleilujiah,
Thank you JESUS,
LORD, your worthy, of all the glory, and all the honor,
and all the praise... (Repeat*)
Saturday, June 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Praise God, that he reveals himself to those who seek him.
Thank God, that he has called you to seek after him.
Be awed that you can see his handiwork around you, hear his mercy in the songs you sing, experience his love in those around you, and sense his presence inside of you.
Stephanie, you are precious to God.
Post a Comment