faith so uncertain
to be a burden
push fears to the ground.
Be still, hear the sound
me, running
you say, "stay"
But on this day
I keep running
away from unsettling feelings
it's deceiving
heartaches
even though I am receiving
Grace upon grace
I can’t even taste your goodness.
your goodness
flows as a stream in green pastures
Take me away
To a place where I can lay
And feel your peace rush over me
___________________________
how much longer
must I hunger?
I'm longing for the gentlness of your palm against my back
which keeps me from falling back
the sea below is threatening
the waves crashing makes me cry out
"Lord, I'm about to swallow this doubt
i chew it, just to spit it out
help me to choose another route!"
i'm broken and under repair
I cry out for life to be fair
what is fair?
what is fair
these days
seems to be rare
only when i stare
into your eyes
am i near to you & far from lies
your rod and staff they comfort me
like the gentleness of a palm against my back
which keeps me from falling back
the threatening sea
suddenly
looks a lot smaller and dimmer
compared to the glimmer
of hope in Your eyes.
___________________________
my Jesus.
I miss you.
you are near.
yet I feel far.
____________________
hypocritical
skeptical
always asking for a miracle
just ask for a mirror fool
then you'll see the very breath you breath
is a sign that you are mine
my son, my daughter
my miracle
so go, go look
at a mirror, full of my reflection in you
my affection is pure
fully able to cure
any disease which leaves
you disable and unable to stand on anything but my grace alone
am I not sufficient, omniscient?
would you repent, if it meant
that I was truly sent?
By God the father,
to die for your sins?
2 comments:
Stephanie,
Are you doing okay?
Your posts have been very dark since your gallery reception.
I want to give you words of encouragement or to pray for you with specifics, but I don't know what is going on in your life or your head.
Please don't cut yourself off from your friends, I truly believe that it is through his body, the church, that he ministers to us.
If there is anything I can do, or any thing specific you would like me to hold up in prayer, all you have to do is ask.
Doug
thank you, God is just breaking me so that He can rebuild me. It is a tough process, but new life is resurrecting everyday in me.
i am so I wont be able to make it to dinner with your family, I will be celebrating easter here with my family.
Thank you for praying. :)
Post a Comment