I was dead before
Now I am dead to sin
I am learning how to live
how to be free from chains
chains created by rules and laws that I created
I thought Jesus was a man of Laws
A man who saw things in black and white
I thought He was a harsh man
I did not understand grace
because I never allowed myself to experience it
I thought the day I received His forgiveness
was the day I had to start being perfect
I had to win the prize He set before me, which was everlasting life
But I played by my own rules
Rules which I thought would keep me from falling
Don't do this, don't do that,
don't go here, don't wear that
don't say this, don't feel that
Once again I was dead
dead to grace
alive to religion
impure and defiled religion
finally,
four years after meeting you
I am being crucified and resurrected
a new life in me is being born
Sin is no longer my master
I am no longer living constrained by laws
for I am living by grace, and grace alone.
No comments:
Post a Comment