Lord, please meet me here in this place of desperation. I am in need of a Savior. I am in need of a resurrection. I am need of life in the place the death in me. I need you. I need you. I need you more than the air I breathe. Nothing else can satisfy my soul the way you do. Nothing gives me peace and joy like you. So why I am trying to hold onto this disatisfaction? Why am I holding on so tightly to this struggle, this circumstance, this depression? Do I love my own pain more than I love your wounds which heal me????
Jesus. Is the answer.
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.
Psalm 23
Stephanie,
When you read this psalm, do you see who David says is in control?
The LORD is my shepherd
He makes me
He leads me
He restores my soul
He guides me
your rod and your staff, they comfort me
You prepare a table before me
You anoint my head with oil
It is true that you may be on a rough path.
It is true that you may be being stubborn.
It is true that you might not see His hand.
But, I know that you know that God is in control.
Hold on to that promise and let go.
Give God control.
Post a Comment