But this day in bed has given me the chance to Sabbath.
It's so sad that my body has to die before I am willing to rest.
I want to be superwoman and save the world.
But God just wants me to rest when I need to.
Resting is a foreign idea to me.
I don't want it to be so foreign any more.
- Exodus 34:21 NIV
"Six days you shall labor, but on the seventh day you shall rest; even during the plowing season and harvest you must rest.
- Psalms 55:6 NIV
I said, "Oh, that I had the wings of a dove! I would fly away and be at rest--
- Psalms 62:1 NIV
[For the director of music. For Jeduthun. A psalm of David.] My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him.
- Psalms 62:5 NIV
Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him.
- Psalms 91:1 NIV
He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
No comments:
Post a Comment