Friday, November 21, 2008

Twilight/love/fiction


Fiction
Fiction.
Characters and roles
Perfect lines and scenarios

Pure fiction.
Their eyes full of passion
evoke a tension within my soul

I am tempted to embrace
in a season of refraining

I am tempted to take this life
and be the director
to choose my own characters
Recite my own fictitious lines
create a false reality
of passion driven by insecurity

I fall asleep and say
goodbye to fiction
goodbye to false perception

I awake and say
hello to reality
hello to true love
with its pain and sacrifice

I say hello,
hello to You.


Savior

We are all looking for
A savior
to protect us
to guard us
to save us from evil
to love us with an overwhelming love
that envelops and captivates us to our fullest capacity
to love us at the core of who we are
to the deepest of deeps
A savior to see us in our brokenness
to see our ugliness
yet, still choose to stay by our side
A savior who never gives up on us

so we look to that One person in our life,
our mother
father
brother
lover
friend
yet, in the end
who will love us
when we can not love them back?

Religion that Kills
Religion
you are full of noisy worship
so loud, yet so empty
you are a hallow body
an outer shell with no soul inside
you are fake beyond words
and you don't even know it
you hate and point fingers at the
homosexuals and sinners
yet your own heart is perverted
your soul is dark
full of bitterness and blame
religion, I hate you
religion you have killed so many souls
you have emptied so many lives
you have taken what is beautiful
and colored it with hypocrisy and blood
I hate you false religion.
I hate you.
I hate you because I fight you daily
because it is so easy to settle for you
I hate you because you blind me from God
the real God.
the living God.
I hate you because I am scared
scared to be like you.

No comments: