
I felt like a stranger
roaming aimlessly on this earth.
I did not let love in.
I was scared to change.
God, you overcame my heart.
Right from the start.
You had your eye on me.
Now I have eyes to see.
I was never alone.
You were always there.
Guiding me to this place
A place of discovery
A place of joy
A place called HOME.
Thank you, for knowing my heart
Even when I couldn't feel
You ignited my heart
with a passion so real
You take me back
over and over again
no matter how fast I run
I can't outrun the Son
Why do we deny
the very gift we don't deserve.
Your love.
Your love.
Your love.
Is better than life.
Why can't we just believe.
"Praise Your Name"
Though my soul weighs me down
I will still praise your name
Though my hands are small
I will still raise them to praise your name
though my heart is dim
I will allow you to set it ablaze with passion
to praise your name
though the past haunts me
I will let today praise your name
let all things come together to praise your perfect name.
1 comment:
Very moving. Did you wright this? You seem so young to have such wisdom.
How are you doing two months after your summer internship? Are you still high from the experience, or are you feeling low in comparison.
When we go to church camp, we go up into the mountains to Forest Home. One of the things people always talk about is "coming back down from the mountain." They compare it to how Moses must have felt when he came down from the mountain after having spent time with God, only to find his people worshiping an golden calf."
Compared to the joy of fellowshipping with God, day to day life with all of the distractions of the world, can seem pretty low.
I pray that God continues to hold you in is arms, as I see you are continuing to search to know him more fully.
Doug
Post a Comment