Saturday, August 9, 2008

Skid Row





I finally went to Skid Row last night. It is its own culture and world. I just wanted to be present to God, spiritually, physically, and emotionally.


It is only when I look through God's eyes, am I able to love this world.


I talked to this lady named Mary. She was so eager to talk and she helped me grow so much. She allowed me to pray for her friend Jose who is in the hospital. As I prayed, I really felt God speaking because in my prayer God told her that she is beautiful and that He loves her. These are two truth's that I would be too shy to say in my own strength. God helped me to genuinely care about her and her friend.


When I hugged her I didn't want to let go.


I realize now that when God holds us, He never wants to let go either.


It's beautiful. Just stop. And think about that for a moment.


THE GOD OF THE UNIVERSE NEVER WANTS TO LET YOU GO. HE LOVES YOU MORE THAN YOU LOVE YOURSELF. MAN. IT'S INSANE. THIS LOVE OF JESUS. THIS CRAZY..PASSIONATE...DEEP LOVE JESUS HAS FOR US. BEAUTIFUL.


Speaking of passion, the preacher who preached on a corner was full of it. He kept asking us questions about the text and about Jesus. I wished I had the perfect answer to his questions. But I didn't. The truth is I didn't have the answers, even though they are right there...in the Bible that I claim to love and read. He challenged me to dive deeper into God's word. I have never seen anyone so excited about Jesus before.


My prayer:

Jesus, help me to be more excited about you than anything and anyone else in this world. Forgive me for not loving you the way you love me.


Amen. Amen.

No comments: