As I was looking over the pictures I have been taking these past few days. I noticed that an underlying similarity among all my pictures is the angle. The angle of many pictures is from the ground looking upward towards heaven.
That thought has been stuck in my head all afternoon.
Today I had a day all to myself. It was refreshing and I think I really needed it to refocus. Last week was crazy, to say the least. I started on Monday feeling burnt out, by Wednesday I was talking to people about God's love with boldness, by Saturday I was serving food at the Union Rescue Mission and by night I was trying to love people at a party. And today I am just reflecting on everything that has happened and just realizing that God has to be real because only by His power can I start the week feeling burnt out and ending the week feeling filled. That just goes against everything the world tells us. He was right when He said that He would be faithful to fill me up as I give of myself and serve others.
I am realizing that I need to stop and reflect more often. Otherwise life just seems like work.
"Be still and know that I am God"
We constantly have to remember that He is God. Not us.
I have been doubting my major these past two months. But I feel as if I am on the right track with photocomm. I will stick with it.
2 comments:
your story telling + reflection + visual representation=God's gift to you. Isn't it so much like Jesus to take burnt out people and transform them to be used, to love, to serve...I'm proud of you!
Love your sis,
Mia
I'm glad you decided to stick with photocomm. Your photography is beautiful. You definetely have a gift, and the fact that you want to use it to glorify God makes it all the more beautiful. I can't wait to see how God uses you.
Stephen
Post a Comment