Tuesday, May 20, 2008

In my heart, In my heart...there's a fire burning




Today...was a journey. Somewhere through out the day I ended up at the carwash. Being in that empty place reminded me that even when I am alone, I feel accompanied. It is a beautiful feeling to be loved just for the sake of love. As I was at the carwash the wind was blowing and the flowers from a tree hovering gently over me matched the lavender flowers on my dress and I felt beautiful with a "gentle and quiet" spirit for the first time. It was a simple beauty, no hair products, no makeup and no fashionable style to hide behind. I was bare, and I barely remembered a such thing as "false beauty."


I also made my way over to the park. It was beautiful and so familiar. I walked down old paths and said hello to familar trees. But, new memories with my Love were made to replace the old ones.


My day is ending with the words of a passage from the novel Blue Like Jazz. It talks about how even in marriage, we will never be fully known by another human being. God created the inner most parts of our soul for Him to occupy. This encourages me to never settle for anything less than God.





Such a small word-God- for such an enormous Being

No comments: