Monday, June 1, 2009

I'm so bored of little gods

Just spent about 5 hours in front of the T.V. My brain is sooo fried. I hate how television warps your view on reality. All those story lines about "love" really start getting into my brain.

Reminds me of the David Crowder song- How Great

I'm so bored of little gods
While standing on the edge of
something large
While standing here, so close to You
We could be consumed
What a glorious day

I give up, I lay down
Rest my face upon this ground
Lift my eyes to Your sky
Rid my heart of all I hide

So sweet this surrender

CHORUS:
How great Your love for us
How great our love for You
That grace could cover us
How great Your love

How marvelous, how brilliantly
Luminous, You shine on me
And who can fail to give You awe
To fear You, God, so sovereign and strong



It's so easy to forget Him. All it takes is a few little gods.

3 comments:

Douglas Clarke said...

Can you list five little gods that distract you?

mine are:
1) the bills
2) my job
3) my desire to be accepted by people
4) my computer toys
5) want time for me

It all seems to be about me, when it should be about Him.

Anonymous said...

havn't heard from you in a while! was wondering how you were.

five little gods.
1. fear of what others think
2.fear of getting hurt
3. fear of not being provided for in the future financially
4. pain of the past
5. me.

Anonymous said...

i agree with you steph, its funny how people go on with life not aware of the great effect of these little but in actual fact "BIG" gods......
Kay