"Out of the anguish of his soul he shall see and be satisfied; by his knowledge shall the righteous one, my servant, make many to be accounted righteous, and he shall bear their iniquities." Isaiah 53:10
If you are looking for a love story. Turn to the cross. If you are looking for heroism through sacrifice. Look at the nails in His hands that scream "It is finished!" If you are looking for an answer. Look to Him. Jesus. The one who took every blow from the devil for YOU. Just for you and I. Rest in Him. Pray for faith to believe that He is who He says He is.
Friday, April 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Jesus dying for me meant that God lost his son, just like I lost mine. Not only did Jesus make a sacrifice for me, God made a sacrifice for me too. Not only was Jesus obedient to God when he let himself be taken away to be tried, God choose to not save his son when he could have. In taking that small rice cracker at communion, I can feel God’s loss like I never could have before.
There is joy that I can now have a relationship with God, but there is the knowledge that before that joy, God had the pain of losing his only son, and Jesus gave his life for mine.
Post a Comment