I was driving on my beloved Pathfinder Road a little past midnight. There were no cars...just Jesus and I on the road home. The moon was shining, the city lights were glimmering and all I could think about was You. In the end, I am alone on the road with You always. You are always with me. No matter how displaced I feel. I am always a perfect fit with You. Even when I have no hand to hold, or person to hug, I am at home with You. I wasn't ready to go home tonight. I kept driving pass my house and up the hill. I kept going as high as possible. My one destination was up up up towards heaven. But I just hit a dead end. The drive down was beautiful, you said I can't just stay on a hill forever, away from the world. You didn't give me life so that I could run away. Running away would be a lie. So I drove down the hill and I felt more at home than ever.
Now I am sitting in my room listening to Jon Foreman. There is no place I would rather be. No one can take me away from You.
No one. Not even me.
Home at last.
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment