Have you ever gotten the feeling that what seems like the "right" thing to do..isn't actually the right thing for you? I think that is the tricky thing about life. What steals us away from the BEST decisions are the "good" decisions. We settle for what seems right because we like to play it safe and think that we know what we are doing. But in reality..God is so much bigger than the rules we have made. These man made rules are what we rely on to steer us in the right direction.
But...have we ever stopped to ask ourselves..who is truly our compass and our guide in life? Our rules?? Or our God?
I remember reading the verse: "Therefore, to one who knows the right thing to do and does not do it, to him it is sin." James 4:17
It all just comes down to whether or not something is going to pull you closer to the Light or further...comprendo?
My prayer: God help me to trust you, even when I don't understand why you say no to the things I think are right..help me to trust that you know me better than I know myself. Help me to trust that you are looking out for me. You are guarding my heart. Thank you.
Sunday, January 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment