A reflection of my hike at Catalina during Spring Break. I did not realize how much I enjoyed it until now. I am so glad that I decided to step out of my box and go on the hike. Even though my thighs are still sore.
The trail goes from wide to narrow in an instant. Before I know it I am deep into the trail and no level ground is in sight. My eyes are filled with images of burnt trees left over from a recent fire. The new flesh is breaking through the old charcoaled bark. I can’t decide if it is beauty or tragedy that I see.
So, instead I stare deeply toward the ocean below, past the rejuvenating trees and see a glimpse of the cold steel buildings of Los Angeles. A symbol of life at home. A chill of anxiety runs through me. I am not ready to be thrown back into reality. I want to stay until a renewed spirit breaks through my old charcoaled soul.
The trail goes from wide to narrow in an instant. Before I know it I am deep into the trail and no level ground is in sight. My eyes are filled with images of burnt trees left over from a recent fire. The new flesh is breaking through the old charcoaled bark. I can’t decide if it is beauty or tragedy that I see.
So, instead I stare deeply toward the ocean below, past the rejuvenating trees and see a glimpse of the cold steel buildings of Los Angeles. A symbol of life at home. A chill of anxiety runs through me. I am not ready to be thrown back into reality. I want to stay until a renewed spirit breaks through my old charcoaled soul.
1 comment:
omg Catalina!! i took a pic from that same spot but it was just after the fire so nothing was green yet. gosh i miss that place soo much =/.
Post a Comment