Friday, March 28, 2008

Break my heart for what breaks yours



A few months ago I started singing the song Hosanna a lot. I kept singing to God "Break my heart for what breaks yours." I realized that I need Him to give me a loving and selfless heart. I needed him to clear out all the junk in my heart so I could make room for His pure love. A month ago the neighborhood kids around my church started coming to our childrens Friday night bible study. God finally showed me the work He has been doing in my heart. Because He truly gave me a heart for them. He showed me their brokenness. They come from pasts that hurt just to think about. One of the boys father was shot in the head last year and died in a coma. They have seen more in life than I possibly ever will. Yet the Lord has been gracious enough to use me...Stephanie Vivian Yu....to minister to them. He has granted me favor in these kid's eyes. Because they trust me. There is no good reason for them to trust me, yet they do. I know it is God who has brought me to this church. My heart desires so much to be used to plant seeds of faith and hope and love in these children's hearts. I love them in a way that only God can.


So Lord, please continue to break my heart for what breaks yours!


1 comment:

Tiffany said...

such a beautiful prayer!