Perseverance-walking foward despite the pain in you and the fear of what is ahead. God has been teaching me a lesson about perseverance. I stopped walking for a while, I do not know how long. Today, I went to the park and dove into the Word. Before I opened my Bible a butterfly flew towards me and it circled around for a few moments. Beautiful moments like this can be overlooked but it is times like these when I know God is an intimate God who cares and who is near. He sends me butterflies when He knows my heart is heavy with stone. As I dove into the word, Romans chapter eight is where I found myself swimming.
"But if we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it with perseverance (Rom 8:25)."
" Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36 As it is written: "For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered." 37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
A misguided week full of bad decisions will not separate me from the love of God. Very comforting words. I need to keep my eyes on Heaven and my heart turned towards God. I know I need to love and SERVE others out of a pure heart. God really showed me how self-centered I am when he presented this prayer to me:
Prayer of Saint Fracis:
Lord, make me an instrument of Thy peace;
where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
and where there is sadness, joy.
O Divine Master,
grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood, as to understand;
to be loved, as to love;
for it is in giving that we receive,
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life.
Amen.
This weekend I spent my time at a meeting dedicated to teaching young Christians how to love and influence the people around them at work and in school. I went in search of healing and instead I found God. I went there to be loved and influenced rather than to learn how to love and influence. I need God to help me love and influence rather than take take take.
"But if we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it with perseverance (Rom 8:25)."
" Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36 As it is written: "For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered." 37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
A misguided week full of bad decisions will not separate me from the love of God. Very comforting words. I need to keep my eyes on Heaven and my heart turned towards God. I know I need to love and SERVE others out of a pure heart. God really showed me how self-centered I am when he presented this prayer to me:
Prayer of Saint Fracis:
Lord, make me an instrument of Thy peace;
where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
and where there is sadness, joy.
O Divine Master,
grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood, as to understand;
to be loved, as to love;
for it is in giving that we receive,
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life.
Amen.
This weekend I spent my time at a meeting dedicated to teaching young Christians how to love and influence the people around them at work and in school. I went in search of healing and instead I found God. I went there to be loved and influenced rather than to learn how to love and influence. I need God to help me love and influence rather than take take take.
1 comment:
Steph Yu,
You are beautiful! Keep hungering and thirsting for righteousness and you will be filled.
Peace,
Mia Joy
Post a Comment