
I have been in love with Andrea Hamilton's song "It'll be alright".
right now I can't see very far
all I know is
it'll be alright in the morning
I'm gonna open my eyes and see the light
it'll alright when the sun is shining
just hold tight
made up my mind
not to waste my time
wishing things were different
but hiding from the pain
why not embrace life's funny little ways?
sometimes I don't know the point but the point is not knowing
It's having faith that faith will get me where I am going
It really soothes the soul. I get spurts of joy when I realize how blessed I am to have a relationship with God and to know his promise of Salvation, peace, love, and forgiveness. These first two weeks of 2008 have been incredible in every sense of the word. I want to cry for joy every time I think about what God is doing in my heart and the hearts around me. I see Him in my photography and I see him in the loving people He has surrounded me with. I am so in love with Him. I would not give up the world for what I have gained in Christ.
Lord, please protect my heart.
School is starting soon. The mission field :) I have a beautiful feeling about this year. It is indescribable. The enemy tries to mask my joy with fear. He tries to lay burdens on my shoulder that do not belong to me in the first place. I can not attempt to be more than I have the power to be. I can not be the glue in my family, only God can be. So I will no longer worry myself with things too great for me.
God. I love You. I love who you are molding me into-Your Son.
I took a yoga class this morning and my instructor told us that she was having trouble sleeping due to guilt she is feeling over the murder which has occurred in her neighborhood. She says that she feels guilty for not talking to the family and for not reaching out. I see in her, what I have in myself. A burden which does not belong to me. It is prideful to think that we could have stopped something so tragic in and of ourselves. I stayed after and offered to pray for her. She rejected my offer and I walked off praying for her anyways. :) It is a beautiful thing to face rejection, yet remain uncrushed.
There is a strength in me that is taking over. It is not mine to claim. I love that I don't have to claim it. God's power is impossible to claim.
3 comments:
This is so true. I'm glad school is starting again. Rejection for doing Goad's work is never as bad as it looks.
Christ's power is at work in you. That's really awesome that you offered to pray for your teacher, you are growing in boldness and love.
that last comment was from me.
~Mia Joy
Post a Comment