A picture of my mom and I on New Year's Eve!I had the oiliest chinese food last night that made me wake up at 3:00 A.M. Egh. I am feeling a little better now, stayed in bed all day. Times like these remind you of how blessed you are just to have a healthy body.
A lot has happened since my last post. I can't believe it is 2008. Last year truly was a time of growth for my family and I. When God takes something out of your hand, he truly replaces it with something far better. I have met so many brothers and sisters in Christ, it is amazing. This verse kept popping into my mind today as I was drifting off into yesterday's memories: "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understand, and he will make straight your paths (Proverbs 3:5)." Sometimes my heart gets the best of me and I feel ready to face the past. But then I realize that my heart has not healed completely and I need to stop trying to speed up the process. The more impatient I am, the deeper the scars will be. Although my season of healing has not come to its full fruition, I definetly feel stronger. For the first timeI was surrounded by temptations and was not swayed by the crowd, rather the Spirit in me stood strong.
The root of bitterness once growing inside me has ceased to grow. I feel it trying to come back alive in me, when I am reminded of past hurts, but it dies in me once I remember the cross. Forgiveness is the key to surrendering your body, mind, and soul. I am daily forgiving myself and the people around me.
God's grace overflows.
No comments:
Post a Comment